BBA BASKETBALL COVID-19 RULES & GUIDELINES
UpdatedMonday November 16, 2020 byShaun Washington.
BBA Basketball has created a plan to follow the CDC guidelines to attempt to limit the potential exposure to COVID-19 for all players, coaches and spectators safe during these difficult times. Beginning with BBA Assessments and through Championship Saturday, the following list of rules must be strictly adhered to for all practices and games.
- Coaches must wipe down seats used by players after all practices and games.
- When on the bench players should be distanced 6 feet apart.
- Parent or players who are feeling ill or running a fever will need to stay home.
- Only 1 parent per player allowed at games and practices (if 1 parent is a coach, then the other parent may be present as well).
- No siblings allowed at practices or games.
- Team size will average 8 players per team.
- Maximum of 2 coaches per team (1 Head Coach, 1 Assistant Coach).
- Social distancing for spectators is mandatory – must sit at least 6 feet apart.
- All players/ coaches/ spectators must leave the gym immediately after practices and games. No lingering or team meetings after games in the gym.
- Players/ coaches/ spectators will not be allowed in the gym until the court is cleared from the prior teams.
- No postgame handshakes.
- Players must not bring basketballs to practices or games. Only the coaches’ game ball will be allowed during practices and games and the basketball must be sanitized prior to the game.
- All players/ coaches/ spectators must wear a mask at all times (the only exception is children age 2 and under and when your player is on the court).
- If a player/ coach/ spectator tests positive for COVID-19 the entire team will have to quarantine for 14 days.
- No food is allowed at practices or games. Only water will be allowed and each player’s water bottle must have either their name or initials on the container.
- If a player/ coach/ spectator is suspected to have acquired COVID-19 they must notify the President of BBA at email@example.com or by phone at 404-444-2627 immediately.
- Please refer to CDC Guidelines for COVID-19 in youth sports at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/youth-sports-faq.html
*** These RULES & GUIDELINES are to be strictly enforced and do not guarantee an elimination in the risk to contract COIVID-19 ***
Brookwood Rec Basketball Winter 2020-2021
Brookwood Basketball Association - Recreation - Winter 2021